The path to becoming qualified hasn’t always been an easy one for the L&D Professional. The Learning landscape is shifting, a new era in being created in the development world; becoming qualified puts you in the best position to inspire employees, influence leaders, shape the organisational approach to boost innovation and growth.
The good news is with the apprenticeship levy, the route to becoming qualified has been made easier.
The bads news is that in May, businesses which are paying the levy, but who haven’t spent it, will start to lose it and the funds will gradually be returned to the Treasury. This means that organisations need to act or lose out.
BOOK YOUR TICKET TODAY
Join us for a day of learning, collaboration and networking where we will cover:
Apprenticeships 2 Years on – Margaret Burnside – CAKE People Development
We’ll share the very latest updates and help you understand how to make the most of your levy pot. During the session we’ll be covering:
• The Levy, paying or non-paying - What does that mean to business?
• Funding explained and made simple
• The new rules on funding transfers
• Using the Levy to support your business strategy
• How does a Leadership Development or Learning and Development Apprenticeship work?
• 20% off the job learning - What does that mean and how is it covered?
• Optional qualifications explained
• EPA - Endpoint assessment - What's involved and how is it managed?
• Case studies
The Changing Role of L&D: What Do Modern Practitioners Need to Be? - Steve Finch - Thinqi
The learning landscape of the modern workforce is undergoing a radical transformation. Learners are becoming more independent, and skills requirements are evolving, bringing fresh challenges for organisations to face. There's no denying L&D is changing, so it’s time for us to rethink the role of the L&D practitioner.
So, what do modern L&D practitioners need to be? This session explores some of the key roles the modern practitioner must embrace to achieve success, including:
• Collaborator - breaking down silos and being the conduit between business departments
• Coach & Mentor - supporting the independent learner's journey
• Analyst - gaining insight from data to drive decision-making
• Curator - harvesting and categorising content from the web
Each role is contextualised in the modern L&D setting, with examples of the challenges they present the modern L&D practitioner and how to overcome them to achieve success.
We then offer you the choice of 2 streams; Choose your session, swap part way through if you want to …
Stream 1 - Modern Learning in Practice - Steve Finch
This workshop gets you hands-on with Thinqi, a next-generation learning platform, where we’ll be exploring some of the workflows expected from modern learners. We’ll take a blended learning journey through some of the engaging experiences that are transforming the way businesses are approaching L&D including:
• Informal resource libraries
• Learner-lead journeys
• Bite-size and microlearning
• Curation and creation
• Reward and recognition
• Digital body language and analytics
This session will give you practical experience of what modern learning looks and feels like for both learners and practitioners, with practical guidance on how you can take this back and apply it to your organisation.
Stream 2 – Social Learning (Collaboration and Coaching) - Margaret Burnside
A collaborative discussion prompted by coaching questions to encourage you to share what’s happening in your organisation. In an informal format, you will share experience with other L&D professionals through facilitated discussion. Questions like:
• How do you work with your stakeholders to truly identify needs?
• How do you involve your stakeholders in any learning solutions?
• Who is responsible for learning and development in your organisation?
• How do you measure the effectiveness of any learning interventions?
• How well established is coaching in your organisation?
• Who coaches? External, internal, managers, HR?
• How do people access coaching in your organisation?
• Where does Mentoring fit in?
BOOK YOUR TICKET TODAY
It’s all in – breakfast, snacks, tea and coffee, and a two-course lunch are included in the ticket price. NB – If you have a special dietary requirement? Just let us know, and we’ll make sure there’s something for you to enjoy.
We will be donating 50% of the tickets sales to www.you-make-it.org.
A wonderful charity, based in East London that offers a creative and inspiring programme for young women to access tools, networks, experiences and the confidence to transform their lives through personal empowerment. Their carefully crafted programme offers group learning, 1-1 mentoring, work experience and start-up support, along with 1-1 pastoral care and counselling to ensure that their participants thrive in every way possible. They are ensuring that all women, regardless of background, have access to the same opportunities to lead happy, independent and fulfilled lives.
BOOK YOUR TICKET TODAY